- Doubles the capacity of fiber optic networks; transmits and receives over single fiber strand
- Available with SC simplex connector
- DIP switch configuration for link fault signaling and fiber auto/force mode
- Built-in 10/100BaseT/TX Switch utilizes store-and-forward architecture
- USB power option for added convenience
- Supports wall mounting, DIN-rail mounting or use with media converter rack mount chassis
10/100 to 100FX Single Fiber WDM Media Converters
The Signamax 10/100 to 100FX Single Fiber Wave Division Multiplexing (WDM) Media Converters allow data normally carried over two strands of fiber optic cable to be carried over a single strand of fiber optic cable, utilizing two different light spectra to carry signals in both directions simultaneously. This technology doubles the capacity of a company’s fiber optic network, allowing a carrier or an enterprise business to minimize its operational costs by eliminating or delaying the deployment of additional fiber optic capacity.
These converters are available in singlemode and multimode models, and span distances of up to 40 kilometers (24.85 miles). WDM Switching Media Converters must be used in A/B pairs, and all converters in this series are equipped with Link Fault Signaling to provide the means for an SNMP managed switch to recognize a failure on a fiber channel or twisted-pair connection, enabling the switch to automatically route to a backup path when the connected switch is equipped with Spanning Tree Algorithm.